Even the strongest built garage doors can end up with a broken window one day. Whether your glass got accidentally broken or was damaged from bad weather replacing your broken window can:
● Give your garage door protection from harsh weather
● Enhance the overall look of your garage door
● Help maintain your garage door’s energy performance
We will guide you through the process of removing and replacing your garage door window glass and Two Step Garage Doors can even assist in the installation if needed.
What Companies Carry Inserts and Windows?
If you are in need of a window glass or replacement inserts you can find them at any garaged door dealer or at your local hardware store.
Can I Replace My Garage Door Window myself?
Being able to replace your garage window is certainly something that you can do. However, there are only certain doors that you can perform the installation on yourself. Here is a list of those garage doors:
● Coachman Collection
● Classic Collection
● Grand Harbor Collection
● Canyon Ridge Collection Limited Edition Series
● Gallery Collection
● Canyon Ridge Collection Modern Series
● Modern Steel Collection
● Canyon Ridge Ultra-Grain Series
Likewise, there are a few that it is recommended that you don’t remove and install yourself. Those include:
● Reserve Wood Collection Modern Series
● Classic Wood Collection
● Reserve Wood Collection Custom Series
● Avante Collection
● Reserve Wood Collection Limited Edition Series
Safely Replacing Your Garage Door Window Glass
There are quite a few safety requirements that you should follow while removing and replacing the glass in your garage door to keep yourself safe. One of the most important things you should always remember is to wear safety glasses the entire time you are working with the glass. Also, you need to watch out for the steel edges of the garage door around the where the window frame is when you remove it.
Follow these steps to safely remove your garage door window glass:
1. You are going to want to make sure that you have one of the garage door window panes that you can replace yourself.
2. Have someone help you with this part, have your helper secure the window from the outside, while you remove the screws from the inside.
3. Carefully remove the inside container, now remover any glass that may have been broken or damaged.
4. Slowly and carefully put the new garage door glass window in.
5. Have your helper secure the frame from the outside once again, and finally reinsert the screws from the inside to secure it.
Let Us Replace Your Garage Door Window Glass
If you have never removed and replaced a garage door window and need assistance, Two Step Garage Doors can come out and take care of it for you. Our team is happy to help you every way we can.